What is a Query?
- A Query allows you to find leads, contacts, opportunities or Salesforce accounts within your groups.
- The Query is the second level of filtering, and allows you to first create a Group that isolates high quality Accounts, and then create a Query that isolates the best leads and contacts within that Group.
- These leads and contacts can then be pushed into Salesforce campaigns, to be followed up with by your sales and marketing teams.
How to create a Query
- First, either create a Group, or choose a Group that's already been created, that you want to query
- See this article if you need to know how to create a Group
- You can either click on a Group from the Groups Overview screen, and hit Query, or if you are looking at the details of a Group, or the list of Accounts within a Group, you can hit the Query button at the top of the screen.
- Next, you create the Query that you want to run
- Choose which object you want to use (Salesforce Accounts, Salesforce Leads, Salesforce Contacts, or Salesforce Opportunities)
- Use filters and filter logic to choose just the records within that object you want to see
- For example, here is how to build a Query that will find Leads that have a Created Date greater than 6/1/17, a Title containing "VP", and a LeadSource containing "Web"
- When you save your Query, it will be run against the group you had previously selected
- However, after the Query is saved, it can then be run against any other group in the future. A list of all of your saved Queries will be shown anytime you click the Query button for a Group, so you don't need to recreate your Queries.
Push to Campaign
- Once you have run your lead or contact-based Query, and are looking at the list of leads or contacts, you may push any or all of them to a Salesforce Campaign.
- To do this, simply select any of the leads / contacts you want to add to the campaign (or select all), and hit the Add to Campaign button
- You can choose to add these leads / contacts to an existing campaign that you already have in Salesforce, or you can choose to create a new campaign
- If you add to an existing campaign, you just need to choose a member status for your leads / contacts. All of the leads/contacts you have selected will be added to the campaign with that status. If any of the leads/contacts you have selected are already in the campaign, they will just have their member status updated.
- If you create a new campaign, you can choose the Name, Owner, Parent Campaign (optional), Type, Status, whether the campaign is Active, and the campaign Start / End Dates (optional). You also can choose the member status for your leads/contacts. Once you click Create, your campaign will be created in Salesforce, and all of the leads/contacts you have selected will be added to that campaign, with the member status you have chosen.