To set up a Free Pilot of Rekener, go to app.rekener.com/#/login and click the "Start Free Pilot" button at the bottom of the screen.
Salesforce is the first system integrated with the Rekener Account Control Center when a new ACC account is created. In the process of creating your ACC account, you will authorize Rekener to access data from Salesforce. Upon creation of your ACC account, a download of all your historical data from Salesforce will begin. The initial download is done through the Salesforce Bulk API and typically takes a couple of hours. After the initial download, Rekener will download just new and updated data each day, through the REST API. A data sync will happen once per day at the time indicated on your Connections page, and further syncs can be manually initiated by clicking "Sync data to Rekener" on the Connections page.
To connect Salesforce for the first time:
- First, create a new ACC Account
- Answer a couple basic questions like whether you use the Products object in Salesforce, which currency you use, and which time zone you are in
- Then, hit "Submit and Authorize Salesforce"
- If you are connecting a sandbox instance of Salesforce instead of your production instance, you will also need to check the box indicating that you are connecting a sandbox. Note if you connect a sandbox instance of Salesforce, Rekener will not sync your data on a daily basis. Data sync only occurs for production instances of Salesforce.
- You will then be asked to fill in a Salesforce username and password to allow Rekener access to Salesforce. You may use your own Salesforce login, or you might prefer to use a Salesforce login that your company uses specifically for API integrations
- Once you click "Allow" to give Rekener access to Salesforce data, your initial download will begin
To manage your Salesforce connection:
- To manage your Salesforce connection after it's been established, go to the Settings --> Integrations page
- Click on Actions next to Salesforce, and Manage Salesforce
- You will see several options for managing Salesforce:
- The Add Salesforce Object button will allow you to bring in other objects from Salesforce, including custom objects. See this article for more information about adding Salesforce Objects.
- The Refresh Salesforce Token button will let you replace the current Salesforce login that is connecting Salesforce and Rekener, with a new one. You will see the same screens to log into and authorize your Salesforce account as above, when doing this.