To create a Rekener account, go to app.rekener.com and click the "Start a Pilot" button at the bottom of the screen.
Salesforce is the first system that must be connected to Rekener when a new Rekener Platform account is created. In the process of creating your account, you will authorize Rekener to access data from Salesforce.
Once you create your account, a data sync from Salesforce to Rekener will begin. The initial data sync is done through the Salesforce Bulk API and typically takes a couple of hours. After the initial download, Rekener will sync just new and updated data from Salesforce, through the REST API.
To set up your Rekener account and connect Salesforce:
- Go to app.rekener.com
- Click "Start a Pilot" at the bottom of the screen
- Fill in your email and create a password for your Rekener account
- Answer a couple questions like whether you use the "Products" object in Salesforce, which currency you use, and which time zone you are in
- Then, hit "Submit and Authorize Salesforce"
- If you are connecting a sandbox instance of Salesforce instead of your production instance, you will also need to check the box indicating that you are connecting a sandbox.
- You will then be asked to fill in a Salesforce username and password to allow Rekener access to Salesforce. You may use your own Salesforce login, or you might prefer to use a Salesforce login that your company uses specifically for API integrations
- Once you click "Allow" to give Rekener access to Salesforce data, your initial data sync will begin
To manage/change your Salesforce connection:
- To manage your Salesforce connection after it's been established, go to the Settings --> Integrations page
- Click on Actions next to Salesforce, and Manage Salesforce
- The Add Salesforce Object button will allow you to bring in other objects from Salesforce, including custom objects. See this article for more information about adding Salesforce Objects.
- The Disconnect Salesforce button will remove the current Salesforce connection. Once you've disconnected your current Salesforce connection, you will have a new option to connect to Salesforce. Using this option will walk you through the same process to log into and authorize your Salesforce account as above.You will see several options for managing Salesforce.
How to reconnect Salesforce if it gets disconnected from Rekener: