To create a Rekener account, go to app.rekener.com and click the "Start a Pilot" button at the bottom of the screen.
Salesforce is the first system that must be connected to Rekener when a new ACC account is created. In the process of creating your account, you will authorize Rekener to access data from Salesforce.
Once you create your account, a data sync from Salesforce to Rekener will begin. The initial data sync is done through the Salesforce Bulk API and typically takes a couple of hours. After the initial download, Rekener will sync just new and updated data from Salesforce, through the REST API.
To set up your Rekener account and connect Salesforce:
- Go to app.rekener.com
- Click "Start a Pilot" at the bottom of the screen
- Fill in your email and create a password for your Rekener account
- Answer a couple questions like whether you use the "Products" object in Salesforce, which currency you use, and which time zone you are in
- Then, hit "Submit and Authorize Salesforce"
- If you are connecting a sandbox instance of Salesforce instead of your production instance, you will also need to check the box indicating that you are connecting a sandbox.
- You will then be asked to fill in a Salesforce username and password to allow Rekener access to Salesforce. You may use your own Salesforce login, or you might prefer to use a Salesforce login that your company uses specifically for API integrations
- Once you click "Allow" to give Rekener access to Salesforce data, your initial data sync will begin
To manage/change your Salesforce connection:
- To manage your Salesforce connection after it's been established, go to the Settings --> Integrations page
- Click on Actions next to Salesforce, and Manage Salesforce
- You will see several options for managing Salesforce:
- The Add Salesforce Object button will allow you to bring in other objects from Salesforce, including custom objects. See this article for more information about adding Salesforce Objects.
- The Disconnect Salesforce button will remove the current Salesforce connection. Once you've disconnected your current Salesforce connection, you will have a new option to connect to Salesforce. Using this option will walk you through the same process to log into and authorize your Salesforce account as above.