What is a Group?
- A Group is a set of accounts or other records that meet a criteria you define.
- Groups can be used for analysis. For instance, you can create a group of all accounts in the Finance industry and compare them to accounts in the Auto industry, to see which group performs better.
- Groups can also be used to target accounts. For instance, you can create a group of all accounts that have lots of web visits, but no opportunities won.
- The records in each group will update as new data comes into Rekener.
How to create a Group
- Go to Create --> Groups
- Name your Group
- Choose which object you want to create your group from
- Rolled Up Accounts are accounts that the Rekener Platform has joined together. Creating a group using Rolled Up Accounts will determine if an account should be in the group based on the metrics of the Rolled Up Accounts.
- Salesforce Accounts are exactly the same as your accounts in Salesforce. Creating a group using Salesforce Accounts will determine if an account should be in the group based on metrics at the Salesforce Account level.
- Other Tables can will group data by that table. For example, if you create a group from a table of Sales Reps, then you can group Sales Reps together. This would be useful if you wanted to group Sales Reps into Sales Teams, so that you could see the performance of a team, or compare teams with each other.
- Create criteria to choose which records will go into the group using metrics, comparators and values
- If you are trying to filter your group using a metric or field that is not showing up in your list of metrics, most likely you need to create it as a new metric. For information on how to do that, check out the article How to Create a Metric.
- Records that meet the criteria you define will go into the group.
- You will add the metrics you want to see for this group on a different screen.
See this related article for more information on Using Groups